Friday 17 January 2014

No news is... no news

I am occasionally emailed by people who have come across this blog, asking for any further news about resolving problems with repeated cycling of Vaillant 400 series boilers. In summary, the situation is this:
  1. The prototype circuit board that I described in my posts of September 2012 is still in place, and is functioning exactly as it should. I have noticed no further microfiring since it was fitted. I haven't actually done much detailed monitoring, since the boiler was decommissioned over the winter of 2012-3 during building work, and during that time my vrDialog kit went missing so I now do not have the hardware to take recordings from the boiler. However, I'm sure I would have noticed if microfiring had been occurring, and it hasn't.
  2. Vaillant has told me nothing whatsoever further about what happened with the board. You might think that they would use this blog, via me, as a way of informing people about whether and how they can get hold of the new board (and indeed whether new 400-series boilers have the fix built into them or not), but they haven't. So I can't tell you anything more than that my prototype board worked. Maybe they can supply one to someone else, maybe they can't. If you want one, you'll have to do battle yourself with the deafening lack of communication that emanates from Vaillant.
I'm not planning to add to this blog further. If you experience the cycling problem with your Vaillant boiler, my commiserations. I hope you find the historical entries on this blog useful, and I hope you get some satisfaction from Vaillant.

No comments:

Post a Comment